Monday, May 05, 2008

The need to close my eyes.

All I want to do, is to close my eyes. Oh no, not to have a view of nothing but pitch darkness. Because I want to see the light, again.

I've had thoughts surfacing one at a time, but I didn't think much of them.

All I need, is to close my eyes and, Breathe - To revel in all that God has done, in my moments of folly, of fault, of flaws. That's pretty much all I am.

Through the week, I saw myself as someone else, someone I failed to recognise. I summed it up last night. I'm definitely, infinitely and ultimately imperfect. In all ways, aspects and forms, I'm imperfect. No matter what I do or say, there's bound to be something that will displease my Heavenly Father. I don't want to, or mean to, but it just happens. And when it does, there's nothing more than to repent and be sincerely apologetic.

But I thought again.

My God, is definitely, infinitely and ultimately perfect. I'll say that again. My God, is definitely, infinitely and ultimately perfect. Nothing beats the peace, assurance and unfailing love of God. When it comes, it comes like a rushing wind. It beats you down, only to pick you up. Then it leaves you wondering, wanting more.

I thought about the difference between needing and wanting. It's simple but sometimes, people fail to attain wisdom and understanding in these concepts. I'm one of them. Maybe that's exactly why God put the thought in my head.

Needing is to require, to be of need (necessity). Wanting is to have a great desire for, or a wish for. Meaning that life goes on without it, simply because you don't need it.

I want many things for myself, in my lifetime. But I thought through that list of wants, and found myself needing, almost nothing. Certain wants made me think hard, because I wondered if they were considered needs in God's eyes. I knew for sure that there was one thing I couldn't and can't do without. Then I asked myself again: Is God a need, or a want?

The answer isn't either and it isn't one that falls in between the two. God wanted to be both. God wants nothing more but to be required and deeply desired for. And with all my wants and needs in life, God takes it all home. God tops both my needs and wants lists.

I have no ability to comprehend what lies ahead, neither do I have the power to change it, but having the One who can being the priority both ways, is enough. It's more than enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home